Dear family & friends,
Christmas greetings! From our family to yours we wish
you a very Merry Christmas with God’s richest blessings for a happy &
healthy New Year!
Here’s just a brief update for a glimpse into the busy
life at the Ottens.
We’ve enjoyed a remarkably mild November, and it feels
odd to be writing this letter when it’s 14 degrees outside. The Christmas
lights are up but it just seems too mild for the holiday feeling yet. Waiting on
the snow to fly for that ‘christmas~in~the~air’ feeling!!
Eryn is finishing up her first semester of her fourth
year of university. She keeps busy with her studies as well as observation
sessions in her program. She is continuing on course with linguistics, with the
possibility of changing from speech therapist to a communications disorder
assistant…less schooling~you know ;).
Danielle is completely done school and has landed herself a full time
job in her field. She graduated this fall, with honors I might add, from the
OTA/PTA program at Niagara College. She is on staff at a long term care
facility in St. Catharines and loves it! Veronica is finishing up her senior year of
high school with uncertainty of her post-secondary schooling. We are still
trying to figure that one out. Levi is doing well in his junior year and has started
driving…just to add to my grayJ. Jordyn will graduate gr. 8 in June, with eager
anticipation of high school! So, 2016 has us celebrating two graduations, and a
wedding. Yep, I said WEDDING!! Kevin proposed to Eryn mid-august and she said
“YES”! a July wedding is planned, and excitement is building in this home. Her
sisters will stand up with her with Danielle being her maid of honour.
Wayne continues to be very busy at Turkstra lumber. So
busy in fact, that the boss is taking the managers, & head office staff,
with their spouses down south again in February. I also continue to be busy
with my cleaning jobs…it definitely helps pay for the private tuition. Every
year for the past 10 yrs or so, I’ve been writing about our slow, ongoing
renovations. So the construction part of it is completely done. We’ve put in a
fabulously large laundry/mud room. We’ve added a great office space where kids
do homework and it’s furnished to serve as a spare room for anyone wishing to
spend the night. As I write this now I am waiting for the kitchen cabinets
& appliances to be installed. The old kitchen has been removed completely
(and sold on kijiji~woot!!). Once the old kitchen was out Wayne had to move a
window, lay the flooring, rewire some of the electrical, reroute some plumbing
and duct work…so, ya, not much for one guy to tackle by himself. I know he’ll
be more thankful than me when it’s done. I totally appreciate his handy skills and
his attention to detail...the man does quality work, I must say! Keeping my
fingers crossed the new kitchen (cabinets & appliances) will be in by
Christmas. The counter tops on the other hand…probably not. I’m ok with that
though.
I hope to post some pictures on the family blog, to
keep you all up to speed. I have taken up a new little hobby this
year…refinishing furniture. I have done a bunch of road side freebies &
thrift sore finds, as well as several pieces in our home. I. love. It. During this busy holiday season, I have
slowed down a bit…I have two chairs that I’m currently working on, that have
been put on hold for when time allows. Since friends know I do this for fun, I
have received all sorts of offers of old pieces that have seen better days and
end up in my garage for a makeover. It’s so much fun transforming a tired old
piece and breathing, I mean 'painting' new life into it!
We still have our two dogs…boxer & miniature
pinscher. The old girl is slowing down a bit, but still loves playing outside
with the kids. The little guy is only three and still acts like a puppy~full of
energy! Winters see the girls working in the greenhouses stocking them with the bounty of beauties for the summer
gardens. Levi hopes to find employment with his father, but for now volunteers
at the local thrift store on a regular basis.
We continue to be busy with school & church
related functions. We have been richly blessed as a family once again this
year. God is good…all the time.
It is our hope & prayer that you & your family
may be richly blessed this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
Wayne, Brenda, Eryn & Kevin, Danielle & Ron,
Veronica, Levi and Jordyn Otten
*today we also celebrate wayne's birthday :)....halfway to 90 he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment