Friday, July 27, 2012

summer beauties from the garden...



we're bbq~ing steak....mmmmm!
it's my birthday, so i get to pick what we're having!!
~greek salad
~potato salad
~ceasar salad
~steak & pork chops
is your mouth watering yet??
btw...it was de~lish!

my kids spoiled me <3...

they know me so well...
these cute shoes~leather~are soooo comfy :)
a gorgeous scarf....sooo soft




yummy cupcakes for dessert...

AND my favourite, lemon meringue pie

next day...

marineland!!!


waiting for the ride...

my sis & her baby, waiting for the show to start...

the sea lions were a hoot!!!

buttercup the walrus...

reuben & jordyn leading the way with the map of the park...




up close & personal at the beluga whale feeding...


the whole gang...well we are missing a few who couldn't get off work :(
back row L~R:
josh(leah's boyfriend), leah, deb, me, hannah, roni,
front:
reuben, levi & jordyn

me & my beautiful sis...
ready to tackle dragon mountain....wu~hoooo!


roni & jordyn, the only 2 to ride the sky screamer...

jordyn's petrified!
she only did this for her sister dani who couldn't be there.

i think she closed her eyes for the whole ride!
my sweet nephew bought me a birthday present & gave it to me as we left the park...
thanks for the gift reuben!!!

and...
i got a gorgeous bracelet from my sis :D!!
<3
she spoils me
had a great day!

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful scarf you got, I can't wait to see you wear it! Looking forward to making more summer memories with your family! <3 love you! - Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My name is Jennifer (from BC) - and believe it or not - I know you and Deb both....do you remember the Wubs family who moved to BC? well, I am the one who was 'friends' with Deb(bie), and my sister Sharon was friends with Brenda....do you remember us? I remember being at the parsonage in Mitchell, and playing with a water pump toy youse guys had - and trying to be quiet while your Dad prepared for the afternoon service...... so what do you think about all that? it's ONLY been 32 years!!!! I have been reading your blog for awhile, but now that I actually saw (read) about Debbie - I finally dared to write..... smiles, Jennifer J. (Chilliwack, BC) (I have talked with your Dad a few times when he preached out here....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jennifer!!
    yes i do remember you...as i'm sure my sis does as well! i remember you were a big family~lots of siblings...anything more than 2(haha)is huge for me!i do remembering going to your house too, but i think your family moved west shortly after we moved to mitchell.wow, it's been 32 yrs...a life time has happened!i hope you are(& your family)doing well in the west~beautiful part of canada!! i'm glad you found my blog....it isn't much, but just small stuff that goes on around here(my sis pop's up in it every now & then). great to hear from you & thanks so much for writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too funny. I figured I remember you both because it was a big event in my 'young' life to move AWAY from everyone I knew, but that you might never remember a family that was only in your life for about 6 months (I think that was all we knew you for)....anyway - what you wrote is true - we were with 8 kids - so I guess we would be considered a 'big' family. How can I contact you aside from this public comments thing???? Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i can't say i remember you all WELL, but i remember the wubs family & you moving away :(. you can email me...wbotten@yahoo.ca or find me on facebook~'brenda schouls otten' {i'm not on fb a whole lot though}. hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Hope you had an awesome day.. from your pictures it looks like you did. I love the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete